Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Lightfest 8K

Last night I ran the Lightfest 8K. It's definitely one of my favorite local races, although, it's more of a fun run. This was my 4th time running this event & all time have been with my friend Dan. There is big bonfire set up just outside of packet pick-up so that racers can stay warm before heading out into the cold, and in last night's case...into the cold rain. Luckily the temps were warmer than they have been in the past. The course takes you along Hines drive which is set up with it's holiday light display. There were dinosaurs with x-mas presents, dreidel's, reindeer in training, a loch-ness monster, a ski chalet, just to name a few of displays we saw. At the end there are buses waiting to take us back to our cars at the start. This is always the worst part because it is so cold sitting on those buses. It's a nice way to kick off the holiday season.

2 comments:

  1. So jealous. I wish we lived closer so you could kick my ass into running again. Happy you had fun though!!

    ReplyDelete