Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Moose & a Bridesmaid


Life has been oh so good lately. I'm trying to enjoy every moment of it and appreciate how lucky I am. Here's a little recap of what I've been up to...

Last Thursday was St. Patrick's Day. Since I usually like to go all out for the St. Patrick's Day parade that is the Sunday before in Detroit, the actual day is much tamer for me. After work, I met up with the Northville Road Runners (NRR) and did our Thursday night 5.5 mile run. Then we all met up at the Northville Sports Den for some beer. The thought of green beer scares me so I went with one of my favorites....Guinness. I'm amused by the group that was there since most of them are men in their 60's. One of them was talking about some of the activities that the group does and mentioned the Moose. I got so excited, I've been trying to get information on becoming a member of the Moose. Mostly, because it's one of my favorite animals and how cool would it be to say I was a Moose. I know, I'm not quite right in the head. Anyway, this older Gentleman (Ron) that I was talking to invited Big Red & I to the Moose the following night for fish & chips.
(Big Red & I with Gary)

Well, Ron was completely surprised when we walked in the door to the Moose Lodge the following night. He didn't think that we were serious & thought that we weren't' going to show up. We had a great time chatting with fellow NRR's that are also member of the Moose. And the fish & chips were amazing! So that night Megan & I filled out our applications & became Women of the Moose. Dreams do come true...ha ha!!! I was home by 9pm so I could get some rest for an early morning run.

(At the Moose with the NRR's)

I was up at 5:30 on Saturday and headed out the door to get some miles in before heading to the other side of the state to hang out with two good friends from college. Jody about 20 miles from me and we met at a Park & Ride along the way to finish up the rest of the drive to Grand Rapids. Kelli was working at her school's carnival so we picked her up there. We were a little too excited about getting to see her classroom.

(Jody, Kelli, & Me)

The plan for the day was to go shopping in downtown Holland. On the way, she mentioned going to pick up her friend Carie. Then she went into this really sweet speech that ended with asking me to be a bridesmaid in her August wedding. She had already asked Jody over the phone & had been trying to get a hold of me but we kept playing phone tag. Carie is going to be her Matron of Honor so we were picking her up to go get fitted for dresses. I really like the dresses that she picked out and thank goodness they have a very flattering cut.

(Me looking goofy in a too tight version of the dress)

Once we were all set with the dresses we stopped at the Curragh for dinner then headed back to Kelli's house. We had talked about going out to a bar in downtown Grand rapids but we instead decided on staying in to catch up. We ended up chatting & playing cards until 1am. (Jody playing cards)


On Sunday we slept in then went out to breakfast. Jody & I headed home from there. I spent the rest of the weekend doing chores & getting ready for the week ahead.

2 comments:

  1. I AM soooo happy to hear you happy! :)

    and that dress? gorgeous on you! you should wear it even to go grocery shopping ;) ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Micaela, Your comments always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete