Friday, March 11, 2011

Running: Northville Road Runners

(photo from: http://weheartit.com/)

When I first started running I did most of my runs solo. I often enjoy being alone with just the pavement & the thoughts in my head. But sometimes we can benefit from running with others. Back in February I was out at the WG one night with some friends when a former co-worker of my friend Maura showed up. He didn't know a lot of people there so I decided to chat him up a bit. It turns out that he is a runner too. He told me about this running group that he was a part of and talked me into joining him. About a week later I set out with the Northville Road Runners (NRR). I'm hooked! I would say that the group is mostly older gentleman but there a few younger ones that occasionally show up too. I've even talked Big Red into running with the group. The NRR meets 3 days a week: Tuesday, Thursday, & Saturday. A 5-6 mile run is done then they all meet up at a bar or restaurant for beers & very amusing conversation.

Do you run solo or with others?

No comments:

Post a Comment