Friday, April 15, 2011

Mail fun

It's always fun to get real mail & the other day I got two exciting packages:

The first one is coffee from Roos Roast. I had a Groupon where for $10 I could get $20 of coffee. They sell 1/2 pounds for $8 & pounds for $14. I've seen Roos Roast at the Ann Arbor Farmers Market and I've always wanted to give it a try. It's always fun to support a local business. Anyway, I ordered a pound & a half, but when I opened the package, I was send 2 pounds. How exciting! They even put a handwritten note in that said that they messed up & I was a winner!

The next package was from Road Runner Sports. The Martian Marathon tore my feet up and I had blisters on my toes. I know it's gross, but these things happen when you run long distances. I thought it would be a good idea to try out a new pair of socks. I love them already!

 Two pairs of Injinji socks & a pair of Under Armour boy shorts:
The running club has moved our Thursday runs to Maybury State Park where we run the trails there. I love trail running, it makes me so happy! I ran the trails there quite a bit last year and thought I had become pretty familiar with them. Last night Megan & I ran with Ken who took us to parts of the trails that I had never been on. He was such a good tour guide and showed us the three highest spots in Wayne County. I was loving every hilly minute of it. It was one of those runs where I didn't want to stop, except that it was getting dark out. The only downfall of it was that my feet were so sore. So I went home and pulled out my footbath:
 Brady was afraid of the thing and just didn't know what the heck was going on. It was pretty amusing. Although it couldn't have bothered him too much because soon he was down for the count. He's such a sweet little dog.
Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. i feel like your precious pup :) mail always makes me happy and that coffee sounds delish! oh how i wish i had a foot bath! i think i may need to get one :)

    ReplyDelete