Monday, April 11, 2011

Opening Day & an Ichiban Birthday

Weekend re-cap: Friday was the Home Opener for the Detroit Tigers. I headed downtown after work with Mo & MC for what we called "the second-shift". The game was a 3 & had just ended when we got down there sometime around 6:30. Knowing that my cousins have season tickets, I gave them a call and we ended up meeting at Cheli's bar. It was so amusing watching all the drunk people. We ended the night with a trip to the Baltimore, a favorite bar in Detroit. I was up early on Saturday for a 9am haircut. I spent the day relaxing, which was so nice for once! In the evening I headed out to Ichiban, a Japanese Steakhouse for my friend Angela's birthday dinner. The cooks there are quite the entertainers and kept us laughing. After dinner we headed to the Livonia Moose for karaoke. I was home & in bed by midnight so I could rest up for a long run. Sunday, run day. I met up with my friend Dan at noon to get a few miles in. I was hoping for at least 10 mile but between the heat (80 degrees!) and my aching shins/calves, I only had 8 in me. It was a slow, painful 8. I guess my body still isn't recovered from last week's marathon. But 8 is better than none so I'll take it. The rest of the day was spent grocery shopping, cleaning, & laying on the couch with a glass of wine watching The Notebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment