Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Recovery

It's not surprising that I have been really sore since finishing the Martian Marathon. I wasn't trained for it and my body took a beating. I've been hoping to work some magic to get my body healed and ready to do it all over again times two. I took it easy on Sunday to let my body rest. In the evening I did a little bit of yoga to help stretch my muscles out. Yesterday I did a little more yoga in the morning. Then I swam at lunch. It felt so good to be in the pool. I've also been trying really hard to eat healthy well-balanced meals and avoid junk food. Even though for some reason I've been craving greasy fried food & candy. I also forced myself to go to the gym last night for a really slow 20 min run. My left quad was really sore so I switched over to the elliptical and did 20 minutes on that. Tonight, I'll try a run with the NRRs.

No comments:

Post a Comment