Thursday, May 19, 2011

Bikram Yoga

Another great Groupon deal that I found was 2 months unlimited Bikram Yoga for $39.00. It would regularly be $250 so I thought it was a steal! I've done yoga before but never Bikram. I've heard a lot about it and have some friends who just love it. I was getting my hair did last night and I was talking to my hair dresser about it and since she's done it before she was giving me some tips. She told me to make sure to bring cold water to drink. I love ice water so I made sure to bring a big bottle filled with ice. She also said not to push too hard the first time and to make it a goal just to stay in the room. I guess sometimes people feel a little dizzy or nauseous until their bodies get used to the steamy 105 degree room. I made sure to drink my water regularly and I think this helped me with the heat. I didn't have any issues at all. Her last tip was to make sure to bring some clothes to change into afterwards. There is a lot of sweating going on in that class! I felt great after the class and I'm excited to go again.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you liked it! I tried in a few years ago. It did not go well. I got really sick afterwards because it was too hot for me. I want to try again, but I don't want to get a mograine and be sick! I've stuck to slow flow.

    ReplyDelete