Wednesday, July 27, 2011

NYC Training: Weeks 3 & 4

Last week was a fail on my training. It was hot & humid in Michigan with a heat index of 100 degrees or hotter. Talk about miserable for running. I skipped a few days out of laziness & crabbiness. I finished the week out good with a 5 mile run on Saturday and 10 mile long run on Sunday.

Week 4 started on Monday and so far, so good. Monday is usually cross training and it was the first time I actually did just that. I went to the gym (at 10:30pm even!) and did 20 mins on the stationary bike, 5 mins of stair stepping, & 10 mins on the elliptical. Last night was a club run night so I ran with the group. My schedule had 3 miles on it, I did 4. Even thought temps have dropped to the 80's, it's still hot & humid. Putting the two training weeks together means that I've had 4 good workouts in row.

This weekend I'm heading to Muskegon to go camping & have an Irish Football game on Sunday so I'm not sure when or how I'm going to get my runs in.

No comments:

Post a Comment