Thursday, September 1, 2011

Weekend Re-Cap: A date, kids activities, & meeting the parents

Back in May I started dating a really cool guy. We've pretty much been inseparable all summer. I've never been happier. We had a great weekend together that started out with a date night...I headed straight to his house in Brighton after work. He was dog sitting for me so Brady was already over there. We took the dog with us over the Brighton Rec Area and the three of us got a 3 mile run in. I was so impressed with how well Brady did. He stuck to the trail and only tried to dart after a critter once. We gave Brady water then put him in the car so we could get two more miles in. After the run we headed back to his house to freshen up and head to Milford to for dinner at Cinco Lagos. Before heading home (back to his place), we took a little stroll through downtown Milford.

On Saturday we got up early so we could pick up his son and drive him to South Lyon for a baseball double header. While they were warming up we headed off on a 5 mile run. It was nice to get two good runs in a row. We watched most of the first baseball game then went to get some lunch to drop off for his son. Once that was done we drove back to Brighton to watch his daughter cheer at a youth football game. She was so cute! Then we headed back to South Lyon to watch the end of the baseball game and take his son back home to his Mom's house. The evening was spent in Fenton at a surprise 40th b-day party for the father of one of his son's teammates.

Luckily Sunday was a lazy day. We slept in a bit & watched Temple Grandin (if you haven't seen it I highly recommend watching it soon). In the evening we went to his Dad's house to visit for a bit. It was the first time that I met his Dad, Step-Mom, & half-sister. I'm slowing making my rounds to meet his whole family. He got to meet my family all at once back in July when my family spent the week at the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment