Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A running disaster, cookie disaster & a few good things too!

Last week I decided to start 25 days of Fitness. I was doing great until last night, but I'll come back to that little disaster. Here what I've done so far:
1. Thursday - Ran 5.5 miles with NRR
2. Friday - Did a 50, 40, 30, 20 , 10 workout that I found from nhershoes.
3. Saturday - Did 20 minutes on the elliptical machine, the lifted
4. Sunday - 2 min jump rope then two circuits from day #2
5. Monday - 10 min warm up on the elliptical, then a weight lift circuit plus stretching.
6. Tuesday - fail! I was supposed to run an easy 3 miles.

My gym membership is for 3 days a week: Saturday, Monday, Thursday. My neighborhood is pitch black and really only offers a one mile loop. I planned on driving to another larger neighborhood to get my run in. On my way over I ended up getting lost & so frustrated that I came home and took the dog on a one mile walk. I was thinking that I could just do the mile loop three times but I was so tired, frustrated, & cold that I just gave up. Our bodies all need a day of rest, right?

Last weekend was another busy one with my first Christmas themed party of the season. My Aunt has an annual cookie party. She invites her friends (and family) over. We all bring 6 dozen cookies. We eat lunch, play some games, then exchange cookies so that we go home with a variety of cookies. This was my second time going, there were other attempts but one year bad roads kept me home and I think I was sick last year. My Mom & I usually go together and have a really good time. I decided to get creative and bring a cookie that I thought that others wouldn't bring so there wouldn't be any repeats. I found a really easy to make pinwheel cookie recipe. As I was mixing the dough I was panicking because it didn't look like it was capable of making the 7 dozen that the recipe called for. You make a basic vanilla dough then you split it in half and mix chocolate into one half. That part all went smooth. Then you put it in the fridge to firm up before you roll it out. When I took the chocolate half out, it was hard as a rock! I had to keep putting it in the microwave until it was soft enough to roll out. While I was rolling the dough it keep sticking making things difficult. I kept on adding flour to the surface I was rolling it out on and to the rolling pin. When I finally got it rolled up and ready to cut to bake, the cookies looked really tiny. Slightly larger than the size of a quarter. I was hoping that it would rise when baking, but that didn't happen. So I ended up with 7 dozen mini cookies. I was so upset that I didn't even take any pictures of them. But they did look kinda cool.

After the cookie party on Saturday, my BFF came over to see where I live and hang out. She brought a salad and some wine. I made a Chicken Tortilla soup that thankfully came out really good. We chit-chatted for a while, ate a few cookies, then curled up on the couches to watch Bridesmaids. It was hilarious!

On Sunday I had a very productive day. I went shopping and got a great deal on a Coach bag at the Outlet Mall. I had been looking for a purse for a while and was happy to get one that I really like and a price that was affordable. I also ran other errands and did a lot of cleaning. It felt good to get so much done.

No comments:

Post a Comment