Thursday, January 26, 2012

Catch Up & lots of Good eats



Wow, I haven't posted in almost 2 weeks! I certainly didn't mean for that to happen.

Chicago was awesome! We got in around 1pm Chicago-time on Saturday. We relaxed and watched some MSU basketball and ate some awesome bean dip that PC's brother had made. Later on in evening we met up with some of their friends and headed over to Pizza Art. An awesome pizza place that you can bring your own beverages too. We got two six packs of beer to split and ordered two different types of veggie pizza. Oh, and we also got the Bruchetta which was out of this world! After dinner we headed over the Chicago Brauhaus...a highly entertaining German Beer Hall. We shared a boot of beer and did a little dancing.

On Sunday, we headed to Fork, a great place for breakfast. Later on in the day, PC & I headed down to the Lakeshore path and got a run in. I think I got about 5 miles in. I had forgotten my Garmin so I guessed based off of PC's miles (he went further than me). After the run we showed and relaxed for a while before headed out to dinner at Grafton Irish Pub. They had some of the best fish & chips that I've ever had. We had plans of hitting a Jazz Club but we decided to head back to J & K's place and played Euchre instead. Oh, & did I mention that they have the cutest little dog, named Charlie. We just loved the little guy!

Last week was my birthday and I started celebrating early by going out to dinner at Bravo! with three of my girlfriends. Three bottles of wine & some good food later we called it a night. It was so nice to catch up with them!

On my actual birthday, PC got up early with me and made me chocolate chip waffles & served me OJ in a martini glass. I went to work until 2pm when he PC came to take me to a late lunch at The Melting Pot. We went home and just relaxed for a little while before heading to the gym and spending the evening with his kids. The next day my co-workers took me to lunch at Arbor Brewing Company.

Last weekend was filled with running, trips to the gym, lots of cleaning & organizing. And we took G & her friend to see Legally Blond that was put on by the local High School. I was so impressed!

I've stayed pretty close to my workout plan this week and I've now worked out 22 of the last 25 days. I'm hoping to continue my streak tonight with a trip to the gym for a short run & some weights.

No comments:

Post a Comment