Thursday, July 26, 2012

It's my Friday!

I was going to do a re-cap since I blogged last but for the life of me I can't remember what I did last Friday night. I know that I walked around the Ann Arbor Art Fair at lunch but the evening has disappeared from my mind. Ha! That's part of the reason I started this little bloggy thing...I wanted a way to remember things that happened.

Saturday was a fun day. My wonderful Mother-in-Law to be (Sue) had given me a spa giftcard for my wedding shower. I booked myself an appointment for an oxygen facial. It was soooo relaxing. I wanted to cry when the woman told me it was over & I could hardly move since my body was relaxed. It was good stuff. After that, I met two besties for a quick little lunch at the Tuscan in downtown Northville. Most of my late afternoon early evening was spent volunteering at a 8K race that my running club put on.

Sunday is another day that has partially disappeared. I know in the evening we played Telestrations with the kids & had a little bonfire for s'more.

On Monday I met a new friend to run. We met out at Island Lake State Park and did a combo trail/road run. It was a hot one! In the 90's. We only did about 5 miles but I'd say that was an accomplishment in that heat. We jumped in the lake afterwards to cool off before heading home. Oh & she brought a Mike's hard lemonade for each of us. I'm not normally a fan of those, but it was so good after that run!

The rest of this week has been spent prepping for the big day next week. Laundry, hair appt, eyebrow wax, packing, & tonight I get my nails done. I can hardly believe that is just 5 days I'll be married.

Tomorrow morning we are heading up the UP. We are visiting my brother & his family and running a half marathon on Grand Island. I feel so relaxed every time I cross the Mackinaw Bridge to the UP. It's like a whole other world up there and I just love it!

Next Monday morning we drop down to Glen Arbor & Tuesday night we'll be married on the Dunes. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment