Thursday, September 6, 2012

Randoms

I can't believe that summer is over, well technically we still have 16 days left. In some ways I feel like I didn't accomplish anything but in other ways, I did a lot! I mean I got married, as if that isn't big enough. ;)

I've been trying to make some changes in my life to be healthier & more organized. They often go hand-in-hand since if you have healthy meals, snacks, & exercise planned out they get accomplished, verses, being starving and reaching for a quick and easy unhealthy snack to satisfy hunger.

The first thing I did was spend some time on pinterest. I came across this:

And it linked to here (and no, I'm not pregnant!)

Pat was out of town so I decided that since I had the house to myself it was a good time to try out some of these recipes. I picked out four that I thought would work with my family and started cooking away. I made the breakfast burritos, the chicken spaghetti, the lazy lasagna, & the bbq chicken. I LOVE the burritos. It's great to have a healthy breakfast that is grab & go. Pat reheated the chicken spaghetti one night for the kids and it was a huge hit! I had to make a few alternations on things since the kids can be kind of picky. I was worried that they weren't going to like this one, they have since asked for it again. And life is just a little bit easier having some meals that just need reheated.

I also started bringing two water bottles to work. I tend to eat less when I'm hydrated.

I was following a running training plan but fell off the wagon this past week. I kind of have an excuse, I had a minor surgery done and didn't have energy to run for a few days.  I'm just going to write that off and hope to get back on track (pun intended) this weekend. The big thing that helped me to start off so well was to recruit friends to run with me. Then I'm held accountable to showing up and getting the work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment