Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Almost game time...




In just 5 days, I'll be running marathon #13. I've put a lot more effort into training for this one than the others but still think I came up short. How do people find time to get all those miles in? Maybe I'm just a slacker.

Last weekend was another one of those busy, social ones with a little relaxing on Sunday. I wouldn't take it any other day.

Friday we went to a friends house for dinner. There were 11 of us & it was good fun. The hosts smoked a few chickens & everyone brought a dish. I made this really good salad with mixed greens, apples, pomegrate, onion, goat cheese & walnuts. Then I made a balsamic vinagrette with some honey dijon mustard in it. Yum!

Saturday we were up early to head to East Lansing for some tailgating & football. I made a pizza roll & cut it up into pieces.

Saturday evening we go together with some of the baseball parents from my step-sons travel team from last year.

Luckily we could sleep in Sunday before heading out to Kensington for an eight mile run.

No comments:

Post a Comment