Friday, November 20, 2009

Lack of Training


I think it was last February when I actually had signed up for the Disney Goofy Challenge. For those of you who don't know what that is, it consists of running the Disney half marathon on Saturday, followed by running the Disney Full marathon on Sunday. You get a medal and shirt for each of the two races, plus an additional medal & shirt for doing the two together. I love a challenge and when two of my friends signed up to do it, I just couldn't resist. Out of curiosity I googled "39.3 training" and found this site: http://www.runvie.com/Articles/Disney%20Goofy%20Training%202010.pdf. According to the schedule, I should have ran 11 miles last night. Instead I made myself some dinner and spent the evening on the couch snuggling with Brady and watching the Vampire Diaries. After having just ran 2 marathons, I'm finding it hard to muster up the motivation to start getting more long runs in again. However, I know that if I can get them in, I will be much happier at mile 20 of the marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment