Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Weekend Recap - Friday

I had an absoultely fabulous weekend!


FRIDAY:

One of my BFF's and I headed down to the Marathon expo to get our race packets. Detroit was my 6th marathon, it was the 3rd half-marathon for Big Red (BR). We had to walk through a maze to get to the packets which were all the way at the back of the expo. We got our packets & shirts without any flaws. On the way out I stopped at one of the vendors and picked up a hunter-orange running shirt to wear on my next marathon, since it's required. After the expo we decided to hop on the people mover and head over to Greektown for dinner.


We went to the New Parthanon restaurant. It was delish! We shared an order of saganki, then we each got Greek Salads. We decided that we need to chase our dinner down with a sweet so we stopped next door at Astoria bakery and got some treats.




We finished the night off with a trip to our favorite Detroit bar, The Baltimore. We said hello to some of our friends there, had one drink then we were off to call it a night. I was home by 11pm!




No comments:

Post a Comment