Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Roller Coaster


The whole house hunting process is a major emotional roller coaster! My ex-husband & I bought a house back in 2004...we looked for a house based on our two incomes. We had just gotten married so we were happy in love. We were renting an apartment and weren't really in a hurry to find a house. I honestly can't think of how many houses I looked at...I was in Michigan first so many searches were by myself and later on he joined in. This time around it's a lot different. It's just my income so my choices are really limited. I want to be close to my parents so they can help out with the dog. This time too, I'm renting so I'm not in a huge rush, but I'm so anxious to be living by myself. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't ask for a better roommate but having a whole storage unit full and having to wait outside with the dog on a leash to pee is just not something I don't want to deal with anymore.

I started the hunt a week & a half ago with no luck. It usually takes a few tries to find something half way decent. But the house I've been looking at really need A LOT of work. I'm talking about gutted out kitchens, water in the basement, really outdated bathrooms, etc. Some of them reflect this need in the price and if willing to put forth the effort would be a good deal. Others still reflect a high price. It's so exciting to be on your way to look at a house and dream of all of it's potential, and then you come upon it's pitfall/s and are back to the drawing board. It can be so frustrating!!! It just so happened that a new listing came up last night and it was the last house we looked at for the night. I walked in and stared at the open kitchen and the gorgeous hardwood floors, I feel in love immediately!!! A great neighborhood, 3 bedrooms, 1.5 bathrooms, a huge basement that is partially finished, a two car detached garage, and a nice yard, perfect for a small dog. Not to mention close to Hines drive, which is a favorite for runners & bikers. To top it all off, the list price is amazing too! So I put an offer on it. The problem is that since it's such a great deal, there will be a lot of offers. I just have to hope that I can somehow make the best one. But I know deep down that if it's meant to be it will somehow have a way of working out, and if not, something else will come along. Maybe this is a lesson in patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment