Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Injured!

Last Friday, I was asked to sub on an indoor soccer team. I've subbed for this team several times and always enjoy playing with them. It's a co-ed team and the rules require two women to be on the field at all times. Since there were only two of us that night, it meant that I had to play the whole game. All was going well until about 7 minutes left in the second half. I don't even remember how it happened, I just remember feeling a sharp pull in my left calf and the immediate feeling of a Charlie horse that wouldn't go away. I knew at this point that I was done for. I tried walking off the field and couldn't put any weight on my left leg without a sharp pain. One of my teammates came over and carried me off the field. I've been limping ever since but each day it's a little bit better. I think I'll be walking normally again tomorrow and will put off trying to run until I know I can walk without pain. I'm supposed to start my triathlon training group on Thursday so I'm a bit bummed that I won't be able to participate in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment