Thursday, May 20, 2010

Slacker & moving on

I can't believe it's been 2 weeks since my last post. Life has really been busy lately! At work, we are about a month and a half away from going live with our new financial system. It's been involving lots of meetings & testing. When that's not going on, it's mad catch-up time for the rest of my work. It makes the work day go by quick which is nice, but I'm in shock that Memorial weekend is a week away already!

After the failed attempt at house hunting, I finally decided that my best option was to rent an apartment until I knew for sure where I wanted to live. After a few weeks of researching online and going to look a few places, I finally decided on a complex that would be the best fit. I move in next weekend. I figured it would be a good time since we get the extra day off for Memorial weekend.

Date night was last night and it also happened to be the night of Emily's (FB's niece) school's music performance. She's in Kindergarten. Her school is K-4th grade and the the performance was split in two sections: the K & 1st graders performed first. Then the 2-4th graders sang. It was so cute to see all the kids up on stage. FB's whole family made it, including his Grandparents. We all went to out to dinner afterwards. It was a fun night, but I'm feeling slightly sleep deprived today.

Like my posting, my running & workouts have been slacking too. I've been too tired to get up for the early workouts and have had one thing or another in the evening to keep me from those too. I've managed to get a race in every weekend for the last 4 weeks though. No races planned this weekend (yet!) but I'm hoping to get some good workouts in. I signed up for a triathlon class that starts next Thursday and I'm supposed to get some preliminary workouts/testing in. This is what we've been asked to do:
Swim: Warm up, then a 100' and 500' baseline test. Take a 1:00 recovery between sets. If you can't do 500', then do the longest you can go and record it. Bike: Do a 20 minute warm up, then find a route that you can do a "race" effort for 20 minutes. I want you to gather your average and max heart rates for this r...ace effort. These will be used to establish your training zones. Run: 10-15 minute warm up. Then a 20 minute "race" effort. Same as the bike. Record your average and max HR. record the distances for both tests. I'll give you more instruction on the weekend. As discussed in previous clinics, you need to plan at a minimum to do 2 workouts/week of each discipline. I'll also give optional workouts if your time permits. Good luck. We're looking forward to seeing everyone next week.

So it sounds like I've got a busy weekend ahead of me: swimming, biking, running, & packing!

1 comment:

  1. New place? New decor? Sounds fun!!! Be sure and post pics!!!!

    ReplyDelete